(Because people actually read my nonsense and everyone is awesome. I love you all.)
Thank you so much Not Another Tall Blog for nominating me for this award! I’m so grateful <3 She’s awesome and funny so check her out!!
Here are the five rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
1. How long have you been blogging for?
Since this past August. Almost 6 months I guess… (You can read my first-ever post here.)
2. As trivial as this may sound, why do you blog?
Because talking to myself was getting weird and unfulfilling haha. But also because I wanted to for a while and my dad said I’d never do it, so I was all, “Fuck you, I’m totally doing it.” And now here we are.
3. Is there anything in particular that you would like to achieve with your blog?
Maybe some networking and hopefully more people reading it. But mostly just being able to write somewhere other than my journal and making new friends which has been probably the best part of this whole experience.
4. Do you “do” blogger awards? If yes, what do they mean to you? If not, why not?
I did one before (read it here), and I keep getting nominated for another one but I haven’t written the post yet because I’m a terrible procrastinator. But I think awards are really awesome and a great way to support each other in the blogging world. It’s always nice to get praise or recognition for your work, and even if it’s small, it feels good to know someone likes what you’re doing. I’m always grateful for the nominations. :)
5. Is there anything that your followers don’t know about you, which you would really like them to know?
I’m not sure if there’s anything they don’t know about me (that I’d want to share). Maybe only that they’re awesome and I truly appreciate every follow, like, and comment. Even if I don’t always respond or if I don’t post for a while, I appreciate all of you guys and I’m glad you’ve stuck around for all my bullshit. <3
6. What does the “sisterhood” cause mean to you?
Well, my mind immediately jumps to traveling pants, but I’d say a group of badass ladies who support each other. Solidarity and feminism an all that. Lol.
7. Can you share with other bloggers a good practice that works well for you (e.g., a “tip”)?
I think the best thing is networking any way you can. Twitter, Facebook, whatever. Anything that will get out your site and allow you to interact with other bloggers. That’s important, too. You’ve gotta communicate with your readers.
8. Is there anything that you are particularly proud of as a blogger?
Probably getting interviewed on Opticynicism. That was a fun experience and they’re cool people.
9. Do you tend to read other blogs, or do you prefer to concentrate just on maintaining yours?
I try to read as many as possible and always try to check out my followers to see what they’re writing. It sucks because I don’t always have the time to do it or to read all the people I want but if I have the time, I’ll read as many as I can.
10. Does blogging require any sacrifices from you?
Maybe a little bit of my time but it’s not really a sacrifice. I love doing this and I’d totally do it all day if I could. I wish I could share my blog with more people I know in real life, but I don’t want to offend anyone or let my grandmom see my terrible cursing haha.
My Questions For The Nominees:
1. How you feeling today? What’s new in your life?
2. What’s your favorite thing to write/blog about?
3. Is there anything you wish you could write about but you can’t because of propriety or other stuff like that?
4. What’s your “life’s dream”? Like, if you could achieve or do ANYTHING in the world, what would it be?
5. What would you want to achieve with your blog, if anything?
6. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
7. Have you ever been in love? If so, tell your story. If not, describe your perfect love-scenario.
8. What are some of your favorite posts of all time?
9. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
10. What made you want to write? (And by that I mean any type of writing, not just blogging or whatever.)
1. Endearingly Wacko
2. Jessie Reyna
3. Angst Anarchy
4. Refractory Ramblings From the Dark Side
5. Shit Denise Says
6. Alice at Wonderland
7. Properly Ridiculous