(Not much has changed. I might actually be less funny and relevant now. But I’m older, so ya know… silver linings.)
Two years ago today (well, technically it was August 2nd but let’s not bust balls), I wrong my first blog post for this dumb little site all because my dad said that I wouldn’t follow through with it. So much beauty sprung from spite.
It’s like a poem.
My first post was pretty bad. I rambled on for multiple paragraphs about lion terrorists and how I peed myself in my car and looking back, I have to wonder what the hell was I thinking? That girl sounded like she was on drugs and honestly she probably was.
Anyways, as I’ve looked over the vast empire of bullshit I’ve built these past two years, I’ve noticed that you all seem to really like reading about the stupid stuff I get into when I get drunk and sad, so you’re all basically reveling in my sorrows and addictions. Shame. On. You. I wag my finger in your general direction. You also have a deep interest in drinking games you can play by yourself which tells me two things: 1) I need to write another post with new and improved solo-drinking games, and 2) A lot of you must be drinking alone or at least enough that it might be a problem so I understand the need to commiserate.
Another thing I used to do a lot is list a few choice search terms that led people to my blog, and no matter how long I write on the internet, I’ll never get used to the crazy, funny, and mostly disgusting phrases typed into search engines. (I clearly use the word “bitch” waayyy too much so the blame is partly on me.) Now without further ado, here’s some search terms that somehow brought you here in 2016 so far:
1. solo drinking games; drinking games to play alone; drinking games to play by yourself; one person drinking games (You see what I mean?)
2. do i go banging on peoples doors asking for them to suck my penis america? (Fabulous)
3. your pussy aint worth the fames you playing (I don’t understand what it’s saying, but somehow my feelings still hurt.)
4. teens kitten twitter (I realize this seems harmless, but I don’t trust it.)
5. fuck yall all i need is jesus
6. officially bullshit (Refer to my “Bullshit” post.)
7. i just love my all fucking haters
8. twitter typical white girl funny scary video of phone ringing in bed (…What??)
9. what does the expression mean when they say i’m not always a bitch just kidding go fuck yourself (This should be self-explanatory, I’m disappointed in whoever wrote this.)
10. dee you bitch (Lol, an “Always Sunny” reference never fails to warm my heart.)
11. guess who’s not going back to high school (Frenchie? But seriously, take that guy’s advice: “Turn in your teasing comb and go back to high school.”)
12. bitch am not into you (…Whatever, I’m not into you either. Mean.)
So there you go. Two years of bullshit and not much has changed. Keep an eye out for my next drinking game post because I might do another giveaway with money and giftcards and perhaps a featured blogger contest.
Thanks again for being a part of the nonsense with me all this time. Come for the pumpkin spice, stay for the unadulterated crazy.
(Sort of. It’s kind of a mix between that, my ramblings, and Gina and I being awesome. So… you’re welcome.)
I’m sorry it’s been so long since I last posted. I’ve been wondering if I could pay someone to pretend to be me and take care of all my responsibilities while I sleep.
(I’m not having much luck.)
Also, I’m spending my Valentine’s Day watching tv and drinking by myself because Alessandro is too busy to hang out with me. (Like school and work are more important than me or something?) Therefore, my new boyfriend is a dog-shaped body pillow named “Rufus”. He never yells at me for the giant pile of laundry or tries to explain the math involved in fluid dynamics to me. Plus, he doesn’t judge me for day-drinking or spending too much money at McDonald’s.
My perfect man. <3
Another fun fact: as of February 2nd, I’ve been blogging for 7 months. (I missed my 6-month blogging anniversary, which by the way, is technically a misnomer. “Anniversary” implies a year, so I think they should make up a term for the 6-month mark rather than adding slang and Harry Potter words to the dictionary. But whatever, Merriam and/or Webster. I guess you have more important things to worry about. Like being dead.) You can read my very first post here and see how much I’ve changed. Although it hasn’t been much…
But I’d like to thank you all for staying with me through the ramblings and the nonsense. It truly means a lot. I hope you all stay around for another 7 months (and then hopefully after that as well).
That being said, Gina and I once again have embarked upon a joint-post. This time, it’s our various search terms which led to our blogs and our responses to them. Search terms are always fun, but I’ve gotta say, God bless Google Analytics.
1. it’s all fun and games until your jeans don’t fit
Gina: Oh man, I can’t even make fun of this one because I fall into this category. Have there been days when I’ve had to lie flat on my back to zip up my jeans? Yes. Yes there have. *whispers, “nearly every day”* *makes sad face*
2. I’m not always a bitch just kidding go fuck yourself
Gina: You know how often at the end of work emails you’ll see people put their company logo and some kind of positive sentiment? The Customer is Priority One! I would love to put this line as my personal motto.
Me: Yeah, I’ve got nothing.
3. classy stripper
Gina: Hmmm, yes, where to begin with these two words. They don’t go together of course. I’m trying to imagine what such a woman would look like. Would she wear a button-up blouse and pearls? Wear her hair in a tight bun? Discuss English literature with her patrons? Lady, if you are a stripper you can never be classy. I’m sorry to break the news to you but it’s true.
Me: Oxymoron? But then again, given my history with stripper poles and costume shoes, I’m not here to judge.
4. asshole award
Gina: We all know people who are deserving of an “Asshole Award”. When I first read this phrase for some reason my mind brought up an image of an actual AWARD. Like a trophy. How would you represent the “puckered starfish” in bronze I wondered? So I googled “asshole award” and the image below is not what I was looking for but it’s so amazingly awesome I had to share:
Me: Okay, I might be a jerk but I don’t think it deserves an award. Not totally sure Google likes me…
5. life is like a penis
Gina: Um, long periods of boredom spent in the dark with brief moments of pure ecstasy? Wait, life really IS like a penis. I had never thought of that before.
Me: Interesting analogy. I’d like to hear how exactly. In that it is hard sometimes? Or that it’s constantly needing some sort of “job” to be done? The possibilities are endless.
6. suck my dick I’m a shark
Gina: Wow, the whole aggressive “shark” stereotype is actually true. But I don’t like your tone, so there will be no shark fellatio for you.
Me: Do sharks even have dicks? And if so, how are you using a computer, Mr. Shark? You’re fins shouldn’t be able to type. Unless it’s voice recognition. But this is exactly what’s wrong with technology: if sharks have iPHone’s, the next step is the movie “Deep Blue Sea”. And that’s just too much for me to handle. (I don’t want LL Cool J to die!!)
7. Kim Jong-un looking at things he wants to eat
Gina: Considering he’s the only fat person in a country full of starving people, I image that a photo of what he wants to eat is actually what he DOES eat. (He is also an Asshole Award recipient)
Me: The Supreme Leader doesn’t eat. Right? Cause gods or whatever don’t need to eat. Or crap. Apparently.
8. pray for ugly baby
Gina: Um, I guess I can do that. Won’t God be a little put out at such a shallow prayer? Instead of the usual prayers of “heal my sick baby” or “don’t let my starving baby die” heard ‘round the world, you want me to try to pray away your bad genetics. OK, asshole (and I’ll be nominating you for an Asshole Award).
Me: Who the fuck is “ugly baby” and why does this lead to my blog?
9. I care so little I almost passed out
Gina: Wow, such snark. I just pictured a bitchy fifteen-year old girl uttering these words. It’s OK honey. You’re young and inexperienced. It’s a half-way decent insult for someone your age. Keep practicing and you’ll get better.
Me: I’m starting to think these inquiries are somehow pointed…
10. one vodka two vodka three vodka drop dead
Gina: True fact– this is the Dr. Seuss book that was never published. It was before it’s time. However, once it hits the shelves at a later date this year, it’s guaranteed to be a runaway bestseller. The deluxe hardback version will include a tiny vodka bottle keychain for the adults, which can also be used as a backpack hang-tag for kids.
Me: Only if you’re a pussy. Or if “one vodka” = “one 750mL-bottle of vodka”. But even then, it’s a maybe.
11. who needs tits with an ass like this shirt
Gina: I’ve read this sentence a dozen times and it makes me laugh, but seriously it makes no sense. You’d expect the line to be, “Who needs tits with an ass like this” but the addition of the word “shirt” makes it nonsensical. It’s still funny though…
Me: Flat-chested girls just making themselves feel better. The end.
12. things that make you vomit
Gina: Well, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the search term below comes directly after this one. Sometimes the humor just writes itself.
Me: Teenagers better not be coming here to learn how to be bulimic. IT’S CALLED “NOT EATING”, LADIES. LEARN HOW TO DO IT.
13. Larry David naked
Gina: Full disclosure—I love Larry David and think he’s hilarious, but damn, I’ve never wanted to imagine him naked. See search term above.
Me: Hahahahaha, why though? Why did you look this up? Shame on you, person. Ugly baby judges you.
14. hell is filled with people like you
Gina: I love this line and may steal it to use on people in the future.
Me: Yeah… this is really starting to seem pointed. Although not wrong.
15. don’t get a boner challenge
Gina: Oh my gosh, I wish this was a reality show. In general I don’t watch much reality TV but I would totally make an exception in this case. Can you say “ratings landslide”?
Me: I challenge every man around me to this every day. Your move, amigos. (Jk, that’s totally egotistical.)
16. the only package I want this Christmas is yours
Gina: Hahaha… this is so immature and awesome. I would use it on my husband but since he’s Russian, the humor would probably be lost on him. I would have to explain the slang meaning of “package”. If I said this exact phrase to him he’d think I was saying that I was looking forward to HIS Christmas gift the most. Sometimes it sucks to be married to a spouse whose first language isn’t English.
Me: Bahaha, people are excellent.
17. you give my middle finger an erection
Gina: Love this! Again, it’s immature but I love it. This comment stands on its own. I can add nothing more to it.
Me: Yeah, me neither.
18. I don’t give a fuck god sent me to piss the world off
Gina: I know SO MANY people who seem to subscribe to this belief. I think it may be a true statement. Thanks God. (Note—this person is also a likely Asshole Award recipient).
Me: I love that Eminem lyrics come to my blog. “Stop the tape! this kid needs to be locked away! DR.DRE, DON’T JUST STAND THERE, OPERATE!!!”
19. rape sloth birthday
Gina: Well, I’m pretty sure that this is the first time in the history of the world that these three words have been grouped together. I can’t even hazard a guess at what the person was searching for. Do they want to rape a sloth? Is it a sloth’s birthday? This makes my brain hurt.
Me: Ahhhh, readers. Did I tell you how much I love you already? Because I can’t stress that enough.
20. thank you for being the piss in my pants
Gina: This could be the inside sentiment of the worst Valentine’s Day card ever. Or depending on your sense of humor, perhaps the BEST Valentine’s Day card ever. Ugh, I’m thinking of those people with the “Golden Shower” fetish. Yeah, those people would love that card.
Me: You are quite welcome. Excellent insult, by the way.
(Because people actually read my nonsense and everyone is awesome. I love you all.)
Thank you so much Not Another Tall Blog for nominating me for this award! I’m so grateful <3 She’s awesome and funny so check her out!!
Here are the five rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
1. How long have you been blogging for?
Since this past August. Almost 6 months I guess… (You can read my first-ever post here.)
2. As trivial as this may sound, why do you blog?
Because talking to myself was getting weird and unfulfilling haha. But also because I wanted to for a while and my dad said I’d never do it, so I was all, “Fuck you, I’m totally doing it.” And now here we are.
3. Is there anything in particular that you would like to achieve with your blog?
Maybe some networking and hopefully more people reading it. But mostly just being able to write somewhere other than my journal and making new friends which has been probably the best part of this whole experience.
4. Do you “do” blogger awards? If yes, what do they mean to you? If not, why not?
I did one before (read it here), and I keep getting nominated for another one but I haven’t written the post yet because I’m a terrible procrastinator. But I think awards are really awesome and a great way to support each other in the blogging world. It’s always nice to get praise or recognition for your work, and even if it’s small, it feels good to know someone likes what you’re doing. I’m always grateful for the nominations. :)
5. Is there anything that your followers don’t know about you, which you would really like them to know?
I’m not sure if there’s anything they don’t know about me (that I’d want to share). Maybe only that they’re awesome and I truly appreciate every follow, like, and comment. Even if I don’t always respond or if I don’t post for a while, I appreciate all of you guys and I’m glad you’ve stuck around for all my bullshit. <3
6. What does the “sisterhood” cause mean to you?
Well, my mind immediately jumps to traveling pants, but I’d say a group of badass ladies who support each other. Solidarity and feminism an all that. Lol.
7. Can you share with other bloggers a good practice that works well for you (e.g., a “tip”)?
I think the best thing is networking any way you can. Twitter, Facebook, whatever. Anything that will get out your site and allow you to interact with other bloggers. That’s important, too. You’ve gotta communicate with your readers.
8. Is there anything that you are particularly proud of as a blogger?
Probably getting interviewed on Opticynicism. That was a fun experience and they’re cool people.
9. Do you tend to read other blogs, or do you prefer to concentrate just on maintaining yours?
I try to read as many as possible and always try to check out my followers to see what they’re writing. It sucks because I don’t always have the time to do it or to read all the people I want but if I have the time, I’ll read as many as I can.
10. Does blogging require any sacrifices from you?
Maybe a little bit of my time but it’s not really a sacrifice. I love doing this and I’d totally do it all day if I could. I wish I could share my blog with more people I know in real life, but I don’t want to offend anyone or let my grandmom see my terrible cursing haha.
My Questions For The Nominees:
1. How you feeling today? What’s new in your life?
2. What’s your favorite thing to write/blog about?
3. Is there anything you wish you could write about but you can’t because of propriety or other stuff like that?
4. What’s your “life’s dream”? Like, if you could achieve or do ANYTHING in the world, what would it be?
5. What would you want to achieve with your blog, if anything?
6. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
7. Have you ever been in love? If so, tell your story. If not, describe your perfect love-scenario.
8. What are some of your favorite posts of all time?
9. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
10. What made you want to write? (And by that I mean any type of writing, not just blogging or whatever.)